Sunday 1 July 2018

Rumors Jam 7/1/18

Songlist:


Bring It On Home
I Got My Mojo Working
The Twist
Five Long Years
Get Back
Roadhouse Blues;

With:

Terry McDowell: Host
Ernest (Sippie) Bynum-Vocals on Bring It On Home, Got My Mojo Working, The Twist
Billy Bourbon-Guitar and Lead Vocal on Five Long Years
Tommy Bruner-Guitar and Lead Vocal on Get Back
Randy Burghoff:Bass and Lead Vocal on Roadhouse Blues
Bob Gleason: Harmonica on Roadhouse Blues


NOTES:

Terry talked about a having a crack on his RUDE high hat top cymbal, but I didn't see it very well. Ya think they would hold up to Terry's playing.

It was the first time I jammed with Ernest since January of this year. And had to say that this version of The Twist was very different and very oddball this time out.  Shelly Foley recorded our version and I can't figure why I'm playing the upbeat rather than the downbeat.  Ernest doesn't exactly follow the 4/4 pattern and somehow I was off the whole damn time.

Billy dusted off Five Long Years and did the 1234 break at the end. I was ready for the break at the end, when Billy did the tag ending.

I used the wrong sticks on my showing tonight.  The plastic 5B sticks are better suited for light rock and jazz but I think I did okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.