Sunday 19 May 2019

Stone City-Familiar Friends, Familiar Songs

Everybody's Talking
Ring Of Fire
Go Out And Get It
Sundown
Games People Play

Donna Jo-Backing vocals and percussion
Lorie Parker-Backing vocals on Games People Play

Encore:

Can't You See
House Of The Rising Sun

Hoppy-Vocals and Guitar
Lane Gaffney-Guitar
Lorie Parker and Donna Jo-Backing Vocals
Laurie-Backing Vocals
Maki Dervo-Panflute and percussion
I played guitar


Plus:

Hanging with 4 Day Creep at Chrome Horse Saturday Night

Cheap Sunglasses
Dreams I'll Never See Again

Rick Clay-Vocals and lead guitar
John Baughman-Bass
I played drums while Troy Mitchell Took A Break
As well as Amanda Marshall

Houby Days in town.  Of course it rained.  It rained a lot Saturday Night while I was at the nature center.  Managed to do a half hour walk before the dark clouds and storms hit five minutes later.  Then spent part of the night going to see Doug Ducey and Honky Tonk Roadhouse before going to the Chrome Horse to support 4 Day Creep and played the songs that Rick and I are familiar with.



Sunday:  Brook Hoover still had the DW 2000 bass drum petal and he sold to me for five dollars.  I'm sure it will come in quite handy. He took the picture.  And got five dollars for his trouble.

Back to Stone City and I was joined onstage by Lorie and Donna Jo, first time we shared the stage together since Checker's of last year.  I basically changed the songs I wanted to sing in favor of the ones that Donna Jo was familiar with. Since they were around I could do that.

Carl Meiners played Your Cheating Heart with the girls doing their OH CARL tag at the end of the bridge.  I think it made him smile when they do that.

Tami Soukup did take a couple pictures of me playing drums Saturday Night with Four Day Creep.  They are being  held hostage.

Eric Moore, the guy behind The Godz, passed away from bladder cancer at age 67.  The Godz were one of my favorite bands of my high school years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.