Sunday 26 May 2019

Sunday Funday-Rumors/Stone City

Terry's Birthday Bash Jam-  Terry McDowell-host

Dreams I'll Never See
Rocky Mountain Way
Feel Like Making Love
Margaritaville

Russ-Vocals on the last two songs (duh)
Rick Clay-Vocals (Dreams) and lead guitar
Tommy Bruner-Vocals (Rocky Mountain Way) and guitar
Kenneth John Webb-Bass
I played drums


Stone City-Setlist:

Logic And Lies
The Race Is On
If You See Her
Good Time Charlie
Cinnamon Girl

Notes:

I got to play first on drums for Terry's birthday jam blast.  Kind of a polished run through of Dreams and Rocky Mountain Way was played for the first time in a couple years and not with the usual cymbal bashing.  Then Russ popped on for his usual Bad Company song and the other.  People seem to enjoy Jimmy Buffet no matter how many times it's been played.  I found a nice pair of Vader drumsticks and presented them to Terry afterwards.  He got a kick out of that.  The man, lets every drummer pound on his drumset during jams and it's just a way to tell him I appreciate what he does.  But I did stopped short of bringing him a Rude Cymbal.  They're a bit too expensive to give away.

Charles Maas, was somebody that was in my high school class (but he didn't graduate with us).  He managed to say hi to me, and it took me a good look at his photo in the yearbook to remember him.  I do now.

It was a rare pairing of Rick and Ken on stage and I wanted to be part of this.  Steve Deforest, another great bass player came up later, as well as DJ Hovenstot and Sir Bob Miller and a few other drummers.  Again, special thanks to Terry for letting me go first.

I didn't intend to play Stone City but since I got my recycling done (no thanks to Republican Services, one of the worst recycle centers in town since they bought out City Carton) but I had time enough to make it over to the General Store to play five songs, two originals.  We had more of a crowd but most of them were outside and Steve Black Wolf and Guitar Dave were long gone when I showed up.  When I was done I decided to go into Anamosa to grab a pasta dinner at McOttos but the downtown Mexican food place was reopened so I got the Sunday special without rice and beans.  A rare occasion for that.  The teen that waited on me was nice but I couldn't understand a word he said.  So I went with what they had for the special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.