Saturday 11 May 2019

Whittier Acoustic Showcase 5/11/19

Dead Flowers
Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues
Rainbow In The Dark
Brown Eye Girl (Stuart Pershing-vocals)
Amazing Grace (The Whittier Consortium-Vocals)
Fox On The Run
Rumble (Extract)
Been Down So Long
Comfortably Numb
Love's Made A Fool Out Of You


Notes:

Very small crowd of jammers and the next door neighbors bringing their hyperactive kids into the building,  it proved a night of firsts.  First time I have done Been Down So Long and Comfortably Numb with me singing that song.  Plus the fact that I didn't practice neither songs amazes me how they sounded pretty good.

Stuart Pershing did the Van Morrison song and I followed along on guitar and sang back up. Amazing Grace was done by the runaway kids and it works best in a A,E,D pattern. Since Stuart had to get up at 3 AM, he had to cut his performances short.

I was surprised that Carl Meiners didn't show up with Sue Ellen tonight.  She has been dealing with stage fright issues and has disappeared from the jam circuit.

It wasn't a very long jam.  It started late and finished up early.  I haven't done a lot of going over songs of late and basically stick with the ones that I have been doing, Good Time Charlie is now a staple in my set list.  I have to credit Julie for the version of Rainbow In The Dark, Dreams Of Arcadia have done it in their song list and it was one song that I did take with me.  I don't play the Cure's Lovesong anymore, it doesn't benefit me much and Julie owns it anyway.

The Blue Brat guitar was used again tonight.  Slightly more in tune than last week.  I may used it again for Stone City tomorrow.

Despite promoting the Whittier Jam, we only had 7 players. The Boy Scout Hippies didn't play Waubeek but at a private party in Monticello..

From last week's snafu, it seems that the new drummer added BSH in the number 8 position behind Greg and Brenda Mein when the Waubeek lineup was announced. If that's the case then perhaps Ron jumped the gun with his tirade against the host of the jam.  I'm not in charge who goes on first, I just provide the drums and support for those who need a drummer for their songs.  But it did help having the new BSH drummer. give me a rest for Ground Chuck and BSH's set.  Doesn't mean I'll crash Ron's BBQ summertime party anytime soon but he did pay well for playing in that band.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.