Wednesday 22 May 2019

Tyler And Dowling Acoustic Showcase-In Between Visitations

Logic And Lies
Sundown
Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues
Cinnamon Girl

Went to two visitations today.  Dennis Braack passed away so I went up to pay my final respects.  Jeff Megowan was his best friend and we chatted a while, Leroy Munn from Crankshaft was there too.  Later in the day, I went to another one.  Belinda James' son had enough heartbreak in this world and checked himself out 10 days ago.  So I had to go say hi to her and comfort her.  Andrew Knight and two of the EGADS, Tim Nemec and Rose Slaymaker were there too.  Tim is set for more foot surgery tomorrow.  He's been out of the jams for a while due to his ongoing foot issues.

While I took today off, I decided to go with the Tyler and Dowling acoustic showcase tonight since Bill Schlatter was hosting it (in place of Ron LaFleur who had foot surgery of his own) and I managed to catch up and say hi to Dakota.  Lane Gaffney, who I ran into at Half Price Books would say he'd go there.  So I bypassed the Rumor's and Checker's Jams and give support to Bill.  Summer was up there, she and I met back in December at my last appearance there, she's a regular to my irregular sightings and  she kept me company in the time I was up there.  Nothing serious, just a casual conversation and joking over making bad Bob Dylan's voice imitations.

The guitar was slightly out of tune but all the songs were played pretty well and I got plenty of compliments on my playing and singing.  I decided to forgo the fedora hat this time out.  I knew nobody was going to take any pictures.

This is the final weekly acoustic jam at Tyler and Dowling, they're going for a once a month event, beginning the last Wednesday of each month.  Ron should be back to host.  By then I'll be back at Checkers.

In the meantime, the weather has been frightful, especially down in Missouri.  While we have been lucky so far of not having tornadoes in this area.  This one, scored a direct hit on Jefferson City Missouri at 11:45 Wed. Night.  Tuesday, a 1:30 AM tornado tore into Adair Iowa and destroyed a part of town and killed two people.  Storms in the night are no fun and catch people off guard.  The worst part of spring.  Tornadoes in the rainy season.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.