Tuesday 28 December 2021

Artisan-Snow And Go

Only Patrick Ticklenburg, John Weldon, James Jacobmeyer, Mike McMeins and Freddy Jones managed to show up in a after snowstorm that dumped four inches of the white shit in town this season.  More fucking snow on the way.

It took me about two hours to shovel the driveway, all for naught and took a power nap before fighting the red lights, the traffic, the semis and more red  lights to town for the Artisan open mic.  I did entertain thoughts about not showing up but somehow since I had the night off, I would make the most of this.

Turned out that I hogged most of the open mic with a bunch of songs and originals, then Freddy Jones showed up, so we did a few more to close the night.

Jim Jacobmeyer took the photo.




First Set:

I Started Hating Cheating Songs Today
Get It Over With
For What Its Worth
Logic And Lies
Be With Me
Behind Blue Eyes
Teri
Cinnamon Girl

Set Two With Freddy Jones on Harmonica

It Hurts Me Too
Bright Lights, Big City
Light My Fire
I Just Want To Make Love To You (Snippet)
Let's Work Together/
Never Trust A Sleeping Train/
Jet Airliner
Help Me
Rock Me Baby

The snowstorm made people stay home, but this turned out to be a whole different set list of songs  Cheating Song once again got a makeover, using the capo fret 3 in the key of C sharp.  It was thought up on the spot so I went with that.  Five of the songs were original and I snuck Never Trust A Sleeping Train in the medley that Freddy played on.  I think we went more deep into the song book than originally planned. But with nobody around, we could experiment.  I wish I could explore more into the songs that I played, but after shoveling snow for two hours, all I could do was take a nap and then go with what I know.    It turned out pretty well, despite me not remember half the lyrics to certain songs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.