Wednesday 29 December 2021

Last Jam Of The Year At Whisky Jo's

Songs played 

Drift Away
Kansas City
Time For Me To Fly
Advantage Of The Bottle
Hey Bartender
Long Time Gone
Folsom Prison Blues
Rodeo Song
Born On The Bayou
What's Up

Proud Mary
Chevy Van
Dreams
I Feel Good/
Hell On Heels
California Dreaming
You Don't Know How It Feels


With 

Lorie Parker-Guitar and lead vocals 1-3, 11-15 
Donna Jo Elsner-Percussion and backing vocals
Dee Vieman-Lead vocal 7,9,10
Tommy Bruner-Guitars (all songs), lead vocal on Long Time Gone, California Dreaming
Billy Bourbon-Bass (all songs) Lead vocal on 4,5,8, 17
Maurice Anholt-Guitar on a few songs
Terry McDowell-Host
R.Smith-Drums (all songs)




There were some off the wall stuff in between breaks, namely Hold Your Head Up to which Tommy was played the riff and there was another song that sounded like To Love Somebody but it became Chevy Van. Despite another snowstorm that dusted the highways, there were plenty of people there.  Kat Blue, Brett Johnson, Anita, Skelton, Greg Nost and Bill Elsner were there with Tammy Unash, who has been with Tommy for over a year.  Tom Berdo had hip replacement and is recovering from that.  Here's hoping he'll get to feeling better soon. 

I'm not sure about the medley of I Feel Good/Hell On Heels, but I don't think the latter song was the Pistol Annies, but something that Lorie did with Cathy Hart and Donna Jo knew the song.  California Dreaming was done for the first time, I don't recall playing that song.   The Rodeo Song was done between Dee's songs with Billy remembering most of the words.  There might be a song missing from the list that I wrote down.  There's four of them that I have never done before.  Strange, we didn't play any blues.

Kat Blue had her grandson with her and he gave me a hug while she wanted to play My Baby Loves Me. But I promised her next time we will.   This was the also the first time, I played alongside Lorie since the Checker's Hart/Parker jam of March this year.  She mentioned that this was her first Wednesday off in a while.

During Dee's appearance, she mooned me a few times with her loose fitting jeans.  If you got it, flaunt it.   

Comparing the Whisky Jo's jam to Rumors, this is a bit more varied and a bit more fun, tho there are more jammers on Sunday than Wednesday Nights and for me, it's tough to take the night off, tho, my place of employment, we got everything scanned and basically my boss said it was all right to take the night off.  I entertained a thought about grabbing tacos before going over but decided to wait and go after the jam to the Taco Depot.  They're very quick with the order and I was on the way home a half hour later.  I can count these guys to for quality tacos and quickly too.

Tim Kauffman played drums last week, Sir Bob and Bonnie Harrison and DJ Hovenstot played two weeks before but on the final 2021 jam, I relieved Terry.  I guess due to the snowstorm, the drummers decided to hold out and wait till Sunday at Rumors.  The weather doesn't look so hot.  Another snowstorm and 12 below temps await us this weekend and Stone City canceled the open mic.  There is no Checker's Thursday Night open mic, but the Olympic does have one going tomorrow.  I might decide to check out Christopher Gray's kids play live, I doubt that we will be busy at all at work, but I may just hang out and finish up the rest of my year in review blogs and get them in before midnight 2022.  There will be changes forthcoming.  Hopefully, we will all have better luck next year.

At least we can hope. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.