Sunday 26 December 2021

Stone City-Riding The Storm Out Part 2

Songs Played

Correspondence
Good Time Charlie Got The Blues
I Fought The Law
Jet Airliner
I Just Started Hating Cheatin' Songs Today 
Bright Lights Big City
It Hurts Me Too/
The Life We Lead
Cinnamon Girl 

Mike Fredericks, Dave Bonham, Bill Schlitter and Rick Wingle in attendance.




I started out coming into town and checking up on the folks and then exchanged gifts with Julie before going to Rumor's to which Tommy Bruner a happy birthday.  Rich and Jess Toomsen were there and I chatted with them for the time I was there, but with DJ Hovenstot, Sir Bob Miller and Herman already there on drums, I had to bow out in order to get to Stone City to help Dave out in a uninspired performance.   Later  Billy Bourbon played drums with Mark Awad on bass.




We got hit with a sleet storm after playing Stone City and the S curve into town was slippery but the storm was over and done a half hour later.  This may have been the reason why I got out of Rumors when I did.




Happy birthday Tommy Bruner, who had a birthday bash for the jam.  Tommy is an inspiration to being part of the full time musicians that keeps me on my toes  when it comes to the jams.  A few folks showed up to celebrate.  Jess and Rich Toomsen were there, Phil Bo was there, the drummers were Bob Miller, Herm Saurday, probably DJ hovenstot, and Billy Bourbon in place of me while I headed to Stone City.  Mark Awad, Bob Gleason, Nick Lnenicka, Morris, Brett Johnson and of the course the Firegirl.  Tommy came all the way back from celebrating Christmas with his son in Indiana and got a two hour nap in before playing.  He was spared of having me on drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.