Thursday 23 August 2018

Artisan Sanctuary Acoustic Showcase

Songs;

Me And Bobby McGee
Please Don't Leave Me
One From The Heart
Get It Over With
What's So Funny About Peace Love And Understanding?


(Jim Jacobmeyer took the photo)

With

Gregdon Cole
Phil Bo King
Shawn Ster
Jim Jacobmeyer
Phil And Darryl
Mike Moran
Sofia Chesney
Steve Black Wolf
Lauren Shuster
Glen Gardner
D. Harris


(Laura Shuster: Photo)
Notes:

When I play depressed I play a lot more angrier.  Day two of coming back from my depression, I returned back to the last player on the set.  Which is fine by me.  I lost half the people when I took the stage to start up with still ragged version of Bobby McGee and also revisited Please Don't Leave Me from last night.  One From The Heart, from Long Time Forgotten made it debut.  For the final song I gave the option of Peace Love And Understand or Logic And Lies, and Jim picked the former.  And I managed to nail the song and not miss the breaks but then I been working on the song the last couple days too.

Mike Moran made his debut tonight.  Glen decided to go electric jazz guitar and play three jazz classics.  Mike did three songs before he broke a guitar string.

I suppose taking my frustrations out on my guitar brings the intensity level up.  The hurt and the anger seemed to boil to the top on One From The Heart and Peace Love And Understanding.  Upon playing Get It Over With, I saw a woman peeking in from outside and she kinda scared me a bit. But I sat there and waved and said Hello before going back into the song.  I'm also surprised my guitar strings didn't break.  My Guild guitar can take a beating.  Even during a breakup, it can take it and keep on playing.  I love that guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.