Wednesday 8 August 2018

Checkers' Jam 8-8-18

Songs:

The Race Is On
I Don't Know Why You Keep Me On
No Expectations
Everybody's Talking


(Photo: Barb Myers,  Glen Gardner in foreground)

Notes:

Spent part of the night over at Solon supporting Julie and Dave's outdoor's show.  Then headed over into town.

When I got to Aces And Eights, they were packing up.  It was 9:15. Only Steve Stratton was there outside of the three B's and Terry.  I didn't stick around.  Perhaps the Joan Jett concert kept people away.  For the second time in as many weeks, there were more jammers at Checkers than Aces And Eights.

So I went over to Checkers' and they still had a lot of jammers there.  Bart and Barb hosted the jam since Julie and Dave were playing tonight.  I debuted I Don't Know Why You Keep Me On.

Had a woman intercept me outside asking if I knew how to play Desperado.  I didn't and was trying to keep a straight face.  I guess she sang it without instrumental accompaniment earlier.

I destroyed my guitar pick on one song so I played with half a pick the rest of  the setlist.

Those in attendance:

Lorie Parker
Bart Carfizzi
Randy Faulkner
Tim Canfield
Barb Myers
Kathy Carfizzi
Donna Jo and Bill Eisner
Luther Parker
Steve Black Wolf
Mike Fredericks
The woman that sang Desperado accapella
Pam Herrington
And the Checker's Faithful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.