Sunday 19 August 2018

Jam Weekend-Otis Tail Gator's, Rumors Etc.

Let's see

Saturday, I went to Solon and played percussion to Dreams Of Arcadia.  Belinda James and Mark Randolph, back in love again and I played as the EGADS and played Fever and Blue Bayou.  And then backed Julie and Ryan up.  They paid me nicely for my effort.


Sunday Funday Jam with

Jeff Overly-Sax and Vocals
Billy Bourbon-Lead Vocals and Guitar
Bear Clair-Bass Guitar
Me: Drums

about seven songs including two Billy Bourbon originals, plus covers of Sweet Home Alabama, Before You Accuse Me, My Baby Loves My Automobile, Runaround, a Polka version of Rock And Roll All Nite and You Shook Me All Night Long and Evil Ways.  Not a lot of jammers to speak of but Steve Stratton, Joe Hutchcroft and Herm Sarduay showed up later.


Otis Tailgators' Jam Night

Julie Gordon-Guitar and vocals
Ryan Paul-Keyboards and vocals and drums
Me on Drums

And then

Gold Dust Woman
Cinnamon Girl
Ring Of Fire
Let's Work Together
Everybody's Talking
Jet Airliner
Teri My Love
It's So Hard
Cocaine Train
Summertime Blues

Julie sang lead on Gold Dust Woman, Cinnamon Girl
Ryan Played drums on Let's Work Together and It's So Hard
I played Kyle's guitar.

There wasn't much of a jam crowd but I did play a half hour with Julie and Ryan on drums.

Jockey Full Of Bourbon
Whiskey Song
Hey hey yeah
Season Of The Witch
and a few others.


(Ryan Paul on drums, Julie Gordon: Photo Credit)

Notes;

Lane Gaffney was sick and Bart Bock couldn't find a replacement so the Stone City jam got canceled, so I came into town and played at various bars.

https://www.milb.com/quad-cities/news/schreibers-home-run-the-difference-as-bandits-win-series-finale/c-291215558?tcid=tw_article_291215558

On Monday, I decided to take a chance and watch The Quad Cities River Bandits play Peoria on a rainy crappy day.  Usually when I go to Davenport it's for looking for records but since there hasn't been much luck, I decided to stick with baseball.  Anyway, the game had plenty of home runs, as both teams hit four home runs.  Nolan Gorman hit one that bounced into the stands and back on the playing field, outfielder Chandler Taylor retrieved it and tossed it up to me.  Very nice of him to do that.  Taylor would later hit one of three HR's that bounced into the stands, hit the concrete and then bounced into the Mississippi River, Gorman hit another HR to tie up the game.  Final HR into the river came from Scott Schriber for the 6-5 Bandits Win.  Tanner Duncan picked up the victory, Brenden Feldmann the save.  Not a lot a people there (1,765 were in attendance but there was plenty of empty seats and where I stood in the right outfield stands hardly anybody was there).  Gorman's first HR was off ace Bryan Abreu.

I like playing music but I also like a good minor league ballgame.  Going to the Quad Cities and their stadium is always my fave place to watch a game.


There has been talk about me joining Dreams Of Arcadia as a percussionist.  I'd love to help them out if and when I can.  Sunday, while we played it was business as usual, but Julie and I didn't talk much if at all.  She managed to take a picture and shoot part of a video of Let's Work Together but after that she exited outside and didn't come in to hear my set.  We did go out to the parking lot and I tried to rekindle our relationship by suggesting to go see a play on Friday but she wasn't interested.  She wasn't exactly pleased to see me pop over her place before we went out and perhaps I should have gone on home.   For 9 and half months she was my GF this weekend, it was over. There's no Johnny and June revisited, her Johnny passed on, the result was more Linda and Richard Thompson.   We can hope for just to be friends and share the stage and sing a song or two together.  Still, in the back of my mind, I don't think it's completely over,  she'll always be my favorite singer.  But sometimes it's best just to live our own lives and hopefully she'll find somebody that will light up her world.

I hope she can, but nobody will ever take the place of her bestie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.