Wednesday 15 August 2018

Checker's Pam Harrington Birthday Celebration Setlist

Songs:

Everybody's Agreed
Realitiesville
Six Days On The Road
Logic And Lies
Fox On The Run
Ring Of Fire
Get It Over With
Everybody's Talking
Tulsa Time


(David Arnold, Adam Moritz, Cathy Hart, Donna Jo, R.S.Crabby)
With

Cathy Hart
Lorie Parker
Luther Parker
Carl Meiners
Mike Spina
Donna Jo
Bill Eisner
David Arnold
Glen Gardner
Abigail Bunker
PJ Harrington
Pam Harrington
Craig McClure
Bart Carfizzi
Cathy Carfizzi
Kathy Runnells
Adam Moritz




Notes;

It was Pam's birthday.  My mom is also born on this day.

Got caught in a rainstorm on the way over, so wasn't in the best of moods.   I wasn't too thrilled with some girl out in the audience singing karaoke on my set so we had a war of words.  This was the first time I ever had that happen to me and I thought it a bit rude of her part.  If she wanted to sing beforehand that would have been okay.  But not when a musician is singing on stage.  Get some manners.

I played congas on Carl and Glen's sets.   Carl passed on Your Cheating Heart.

I've been pretty much down in the dumps ever since Sunday.  It just seemed like every decision that I made turned out to be not in my best interests.  Cathy did compliment that I never sang better this time out.  But there was a lot of missed chords on the songs I did (Six Days, Fox On The Run).   Even though I worked on Everybody's Agreed this afternoon, I still didn't get it quite right on the lead part leading to the final chorus.   I promised a special guest star but Donna Jo didn't show up till much later and right after Everybody's Talking.   Julie had band practice.

I have done Ring Of Fire in a different sort of way.  1st Verse, Chorus, Chorus again, then second verse, then repeat the Chorus twice before ending it. Take out the repeating chorus and the song doesn't go over 2 minutes.  I did give Julie a copy of my songs and cover versions, I doubt if she even listened to either one of the CDs.

It was a big turnout for Pam's birthday but everybody pretty much wondered off and Bart and Cathy had to leave since Bart's back was acting up.  Plus his daughter was in town.  Kathy didn't stay long either, she missed my set.

Aces And Eights suspended their Wednesday Night jam.  Still, we didn't have that many jammers.  I think Glen, Carl and I filled in about an hour and half of our songs.

Of course Lorie did her Booby song.  She had to.  It's Pam's favorite song.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.