Saturday 11 August 2018

EGADS Reunion-Whittier Acoustic Showcase 8/11/18

Songlist

I Don't Know Why You Keep Me On
The Race Is On
It's Been A While (Belinda James-Vocals, Mark Randolph-Guitar)
Fever (Belinda James-Vocals)
I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better
Paradise (Carl Meiners-Vocals)
House Of The Rising Sun (Belinda James-Vocals)
Can't Judge A Book By It's Cover
For What It's Worth-(Tim Nemec-Vocals)
Ring Of Fire



Notes;

It was the first time I played the Whittier Jam since April.

It was the first time I jammed with Belinda since my birthday bash in January.

The EGADS were back together, Mark Randolph, Rose Slaymaker, Tim Nemec and Belinda James were all there.  I played guitar on all the numbers.

The photo above was me Friday Night to watch Dr. Z's Experiment when Kevin Sinmacher came up and shot a few unflattering photos of me.  I just got done having my back worked on an message that cost about 80 dollars.  Curtis, the doctor, had major problems getting my back knots out and working the hamstring that got real tight. Also, Amanda Marshall, Tami Soukup and Andi Clay stopped down to say hi.   It's been a while since I've seen  Four Day Creep play.  I should pay them a visit.

Tim does For What Its Worth is a much different key than I do.  It's out of my style and range to play. I am more used to playing in E rather than the F or whatever he plays it at.

Sunday Funday Jam-Rumors

Dan Hartman-Lead Vocals and Guitar
Tim Canfield-Bass
R.Smith-Drums

Songs

Two More Bottles Of Wine
Corn Liquor
Oh Boy
Mountain Of Love

Hosted by Terry McDowell, Rick Clay, Billy Bourbon, Randy Burgdorff

An afternoon of yoga exercises and wandering around New Bo led me to Rumors to partake in the fun and hopefully jam with Rick Clay.  That didn't happen.   Dave Bonham was there but he jammed with Mike Lint on Drums.   I have done Corn Liquor with Chuck at the Waubeek jam but wasn't quite sure how to play this, nor did Tim.   All in all the set was shorter than the 14 minute Free Bird jam preceding.  Which probably should have played last.

Whipping Post is a bitch to play. Terry did a fairly good job of it.  I'm guessing he did Dreams I'll Never See earlier in the afternoon. Otherwise, I would have played it.  Or not.

With: Tami Soukup, Drum Store Mike, Rick Krejeci, Herm Sarduay, Steve Stratton, Shelly Foley, Sonya Adair, Jeff Brown, Andi Clay, Randy Faulkner,and a few others.

Tuesday Blues Jam.  I got there late and didn't play.  I was watching the Quad Cities River Bandits blank the Kernels 5-0.  Billy Bourbon mentioned that the Aces And Eights Wednesday Jam has been put on hold till the fall due to lack of jammers.  I managed to chat with Bryce Janey, Gibby, Jon Wilson and Dan Johnson.

The Wednesday Aces And Eights Jam has been suspended for the time being due to lack of jammers. It will start up again in the fall according to sources.  In the meantime the Checker's Jam goes on.  They have withstand about five attempts in the past year for competition for jams.  But for the most part I have gone with Checkers since Julie hosts it and I do my best to support her.  In the future we'll see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.