Thursday 27 June 2019

Artisan Sanctuary Showcase: The Silver Headed Devil And I

Sundown
Fox On The Run
Never Trust A Sleeping Train
Let's Worth Together
Does It Matter
I'd Rather Not Cry
Cinnamon Girl
For What Its Worth
Logic And Lies



(Jim Jacobmyer: Photo)

I caught Tommy Bruner all by himself at the Marion Square reflecting on what he was going to do for his list of songs at Ramsey's tonight.  I was on the way to grab supper before heading up to the Sanctuary for my set of songs.

New strings were put on the guild for this performance.  Nothing sounds more nicer than new guitar strings on your guitar.

It seems that I'm beginning to focus on a select few songs to remember them from memory.  Had some trouble on Sundown and I switched verses 2 and 3 on For What Its Worth. But I think overall, I had a good performance.

I'd Rather Not Cry was dusted off for the first time in about a year.  I think I tried playing that at Checker's one night but Julie thought I was playing something else, so it went into Everybody's Talking.

Tony Nickels made his Sanctuary debut.  Right before he was supposed to come on stage, he broke a guitar string so he borrowed Philbo's guitar.

Jim mentioned that Julie might show up later, and I told him if that's the case I'd pay him back the 100 dollars for playing Saturday.  Thankfully, she didn't show up, otherwise Mr. Big Mouth would have to pony up the bucks.  However, Ron LaFleur popped up and penciled in the BS Hippies to play last.  Dakota showed up but by the time the woman singer got done singing, he was gone and I saw Dakota exiting with guitar and amp in hand.  I suspect we'll have another 3 AM tirade from the head Scout master on this.  In Julie's case, probably a good thing she didn't make it.  That would have been one big explosion forthcoming.

I led off the jam by playing first.  I rarely do that but at that time only Phil and Darryl (The Cedar River Whalers) and me was there.  Phil Bo King, Mike Fredericks, the girl singer and Tony showed up afterwards.   Some band was playing a crappy version of Margaritaville outdoors.  That band was done before nine, so was Tommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.