Saturday 22 June 2019

Picnic In The Park-6-22-19

With:

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor


Nice picture of my pants.  Sofia and Steve are the acts.

Steve Black Wolf And Sofia Chesney (I played percussion)
The Uke Squad
Cedar River Whalers  (Phil and Darryl)



Picnic In The Park Setlist:
Fox On The Run
The Race Is On
Greenback Dollar
Cheating Songs
Cocaine Train
Realitesville
For What Its Worth
Goodtime Charlie
We All Sleep Alone
Baby Wanna Dance
Logic And Lies
The Life We Lead
Everybody's Talking
Turn On Your Love Light
Cinnamon Girl
Teri My Love
Summertime Blues
The Last Time
Never Trust A Sleeping Train



This was a special event. For the first time, I played a full hour set of songs and without the trustworthy songbook. And managed to remembered all the words to the songs played. Opening act Steve Black Wolf and Sofia Chesney I played percussion to their set. Other acts included The Ute Squad and the Cedar River Whalers I was taking matters into my own hands by playing the Guild with a string ready to be broken but it held firm on the songs that I played. Barb Francisco was busy drawing people but I know she always does a fine job. It's a special time when I play Marion, Within eyesight remains the old places I used to hang out, the OK Lounge is now the Marion Libarary and The crappy strip mall had my favorite hangouts, Marion TV n Records, Salvation Army, Town's Square Bookshoppe and Ole's Ham N Egger not committed into history. But I remember.
Thanks to those who showed up. It was a last minute deal but I can truly say I was happy with my performance today. It was great to see Russ and Debbie Swearingen pop up to see me for a few songs. Julie couldn't make it, she had to tend to Franklin, her prized puppy dog but she was there in spirit. I was supposed to be the opening act and filled out the usual set list and added a couple just in case she made it to the park (you know which ones) but it turned out to be a full 58 minute set.
Finally, special thanks to Jim Jacobmeyer, who has supported the efforts of my music and originals and had to overcome some health issues to put on this picnic in the park showcase. Thank God he's still alive.

And thank God for keeping the thunderstorms away this afternoon.   And since nobody bothered to take any pictures of me playing,  I'll put up something from last year that Julie took.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.