Sunday 9 June 2019

Stone City Acoustic Showcase: That Extra Song

I Just Want To Make Love To You
Realitesville
Everybody's Talking
Good Time Charlie
Greenback Dollar
Summertime Blues
Cinnamon Girl
Ring Of Fire

Bubs Johannes-Host

Image may contain: 3 people, text

Plus Sunday Funday Jam with Terry McDowell and friends.

Al Hendricks-Guitar and  Lead vocals
Nick Lnenicka-Harmonica
Tommy Bruner-Guitar
Tim Canfield-Bass and lead vocal on Get Together and Mr Spaceman
R.Smith-Beats

Songs include

All Shook Up
Ain't It Funny How Time Slips Away
Born In Chicago
Mr. Spaceman
Get Together

We did five songs.  A small crowd and then Rocky Smith followed me on stage.

Sorry Bubba, I sneaked in about three more songs than usual, but there wasn't much of a crowd and I figured if I did three short songs nobody would noticed.  I knew Dave Bonham was going to play Midnight Rider, but I thought I'd be a smartass and teased him with the opening riffs to that, then off into Everybody's Talking.

I did about three more songs than usual, but since Bubs was outside on a smoke break, I thought I'd sneak in two quickies, Summertime Blues and Cinnamon Girl before concluding with Ring Of Fire. Once again I opted to go with songs I knew the words with, only I just want to make love to you I used the cheat sheets.  Realitesville replaced Logic And Lies as the original and I got through most of the song and remembered all but one line.  Not bad for not playing it for a while.

Talked to Nick and he did say that there was not much of a crowd at FB company for the BSH show and while the girl drummer held her own against the Head Master and Dakota, it wasn't the same without me there.  It's a nice thought to hear that I made the BSH sound better.  I told Nick, I was only there as a temporary fix.  Had a good time but I'm not dedicated to the BSH's cause.

Wasn't much of a crowd in Stone City either but since I got done early, I went to Rumors and hung out for a while.  That crowd thinned out as well, but I managed to do five songs with Al Hendricks on guitar, the 81 year wunderkind.   With Tommy Bruner and Tim Canfield on stage, I was playing with the hall of fame legends. I forgot most of what Al sang (perhaps it will come to me later).  I guess I have selective thinking half the time, it's a wonder I remembered what I sang.

Usually Rocky Smith doesn't go to Rumors all that much, but I suspect he might have followed me into town tho' he played last night with Chain Reaction.  Terry remarked on how quiet Rocky played tonight.  Even I noticed that too, I think he couldn't figure out to approach Hello Josephine.

Either way, I didn't work up much of a sweat on my time on drums.  I'm getting to the point of playing more conservative    I have to protect what's left of my hearing as well.

Overall, a nice leisurely romp through the oldies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.