Tuesday 25 June 2019

Parlor City Blues Jam With Kevin Burt

With:

Richard Edward Butler-Lead vocals and lead guitar
Kevin Burt-Rhythm guitar
Tom Giblin-Keyboards
Mark Awad-Bass
Nick Lnenicka-Harmonica
I played Drums

Dan Johnson and Eric Douglas-The Host Rhythm Section



Songs:

Jesus Just Left Chicago
Petticoat Junction
Come Together


(sharing a dog moment with Franklin after playing the blues jam-Julie took the photo)

Notes:

A capacity crowd of jammers flocked into Parlor City to get to jam with Kevin Burt.  Even Jeff Craft played drums on a couple of numbers.

Miles Demarso came into his own playing drums.  I thought he did his hardest rocking performance in the time that I have seen him.

Tho' Kevin was the main attraction, It was Ed Butler taking over the final three songs and led the collective jammers  to his more rocking cover of Jesus Just Left Chicago and he let his freak flag fly on Petticoat Junction.   Kevin had that wide eye look on his face when Ed did it.  I'm sure he wasn't used to this sort of music, but as for myself I wouldn't expect anything different from Ed.

Mike Williams and Bonnie Harrison got there late in the jam so they didn't play.  I would have given up a song to let her fit right on in.

Afterwards, I had to check on Franklin since I was in town.  He was having breathing problems over the weekend so Julie took him to the vet.  He had pancreatic problems but the vet gave him some meds and ordered him to a strict diet.  He has improved the past couple days but still gets a bit tired.  He was quite happy to see me as I came over to give him some quality time together.  He still hasn't been able to bark but he did wag his tail when he saw me and put his paw on me to let me know he's grateful that we're thinking of him.  He's been through a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.