Saturday 8 June 2019

Whittier Acoustic Showcase with The Egads!

I Just Wanna Make Love To You
Ain't No Sunshine
Fever*
Six Days On The Road
Quinn The Eskimo
Stormy Monday Blues (instrumental)
Money (That's What I Want)
I'm A Man
Come Together*
Spirit In The Sky
Blue Bayou*
My Girl
It's Been A While*
Fox On The Run
Knocking On Heaven's Door
Good Time Charlie
I Hear You Knocking
Cinnamon Girl
Gold Dust Woman
What's Up
The End.

With:
Belinda James-Lead Vocals*
Mark Randolph-Guitar and vocals (Ain't No Sunshine, Stormy Monday Blues, I'm a Man), Blue Bayou)
David Lam-Guitar and vocals on I Hear You Knocking and Six Days On The Road.

I can't think of Belinda's friend that showed up but he played Ripple and Knocking On Heaven's Door.

The other couple that was there, played Sundown as well.

Notes:

Mark Randolph came up to hang for about an hour. He helped Belinda on Blue Bayou and I helped him on a couple of songs he played.  He disappeared after Julie showed up.  Julie was feeling the after effects of being out in the garden too long and had a sore shoulder.  At that time, the AC wasn't running and the Community Center felt like a sauna.  She opted not to play.

I used the Silvertone guitar that Julie gave me and it did a fine job with the songs that I played.  We played a lot of Motown songs and I played Money for the first time on a whim. Couldn't remember most of the words but for a first time it went well.

Belinda was there and she is still emotional after the passing of her son.  She cried through Spirit In The Sky and then came back to deliver a powerful It's Been A While.   Without Julie around, Belinda did sing Gold Dust Woman.  Certainly, Julie owns that song, but Belinda owns Fever and now our version of What's Up.   I had trouble trying to find the chords so we went with Come Together instead before What's Up.

Belinda requested The End, so I dusted that one off to play for her.  There's a good song in there once you forgo the Killer awake before dawn segment.

Down the road, The Boy Scout Hippies were playing FB Company with the best drummer they ever found.  I'm sure they drew a good crowd but I had no concern to go out and see them.  I was dealing with allergy problems and decided to stay home and not see Four Day Creep or Chain Reaction who was closer in town.  Mowing the yard took a lot out of me today it seemed.  Plus we have about five baby  bunny rabbits around the yard that I scared them off while Mowing.  I did try to put them back into their safe zone but they kept wandering out.

To be honest I never thought Mark and Belinda would cross paths again but they did.  Mark remains an odd sort of fellow, good heart but he tends to go out on his own.  He was only up there to trade guitars with somebody and once that came to be, he simply left.  We just deal with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.