Wednesday 26 June 2019

The Wednesday Night Jam Scene 6-26-19

Dead Flowers
Fox On The Run
Sundown 
Never Trust a Sleeping Train
Good Time Charlie Got The Blues 
Cinnamon Girl 
Stop Dragging My Heart Around **
I Fought The Law
For What Its Worth
Jolene **
Me And Bobby McGee**
Gold Dust Woman **
Julie Gordon-Lead Vocals*
Lisa Harbit-Percussion on the first three songs.


This set list was performed at Checkers.  Julie Gordon hosted it.  I helped her on a couple songs and played till my guitar string finally broke.  It wasn't the D String which has shown signs of breaking up but  it was the A String that gave up the ghost.  Afterwards, I played hand drums on the guitar for Jolene and Bobby McGee before using her guitar for Gold Dust Woman.  DJ and Kim Hovenstat were the only other folks that came up to support the efforts.  Lisa Harbit played percussion on my songs.  We had three little kiddies dancing and jumping off the stage at times.  Gotta start them out young.

Franklin has shown a lot of improvement from Monday.  He's now running around the house and did bark when I knocked at the door after the Checker's Jam.  He is doing better.


Rumors.  Wednesday With Terry McDowell and Mandela Effect band.

Songs included

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Kiss (by Prince)
Tupelo Honey
Jilted Love
Some Kind Of Wonderful 
Rain (Tommy Bruner: vocals)
For What It's Worth (Tommy Bruner: vocals) 
Teddy Bear (Dan Hartman: Vocals)
Lonesome Fugitive (Dan Hartman: Vocals)

And a few others

Billy Bourbon: Lead vocals (except where noted), Guitar and Bass
Tommy Bruner: Guitar and vocals
Randy Burgendorf-Bass
Dan Hartman: Lead Vocals and guitar

I actually played for almost an hour, with the guys doing a whole bunch of songs that I haven't played at all.  It was fun to try out new songs.  Dan did three songs, Billy did sing the majority of songs but my memory of those songs is vague.  I'm sure once I go to bed, I eventually figure out the rest of the songs that we did.  The Prince song (KISS) was the surprise of the bunch, but the most fun was Rain.  I have never done that song, usually Barb Francisco sings that song but Tommy took the vocal duties.  He did tell me that the lineup of Billy, Bird and Terry are the most fun guys he's ever share the stage with.

For jammers, me and Dan were the only ones before I had to go and help Julie out at Checkers.  Despite the big turnout for Kevin Burt's Blues jam last night, tonight nobody showed up.  It was kind of a disappointing night but usually in the summertime we don't get very many jammers.  The Rumors' jam might have been the worst turnout since starting up in April.  But I did managed to get plenty of practice with the guys.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.