Saturday 24 February 2018

Artisan Sanctuary Benefit Set List 2/24/18


(Barb Myers made the drawing)

Songs


All It Ever Does Is Rain
Listen To Love
Drawn In The Dark
The Life We Lead
Love's Guessing Game
Everybody's Talking
Logic And Lies

So this happened.  Jim Jacobmeyer asked me if I wanted to help out doing some music for their 3rd annual benefit, the first one they had up in Marion since moving there.  I was honored to do so and for the most part I did all but one cover as originals., In the grand tossed off style of course. And in the process pretty much sawed my fingernail down to the quick and may need to take some off to regrow my fingernail.  Stephanie Reynolds let off the show, Phil Bo King then took the stage and Stephanie returned.  I went on after her and proceeded to do a pretty interesting and entertaining set.  Barb Myers donated her time and effort drawing caricatures of people to which she drew the above picture of myself.   All It Ever Does Is Rain makes its debut, yet another song from Town's Edge Rock, which fit the mood since it was raining outdoors at the time

I was going to purchase the copy of Logic And Lies that I left up there to sell and give that one to Phil Bo as a gift since he was kind enough to give me a copy of his CD, but somebody must have bought my CD.  Whoever did that.  Thank you for supporting my music.




And then: with  FOUR DAY CREEP at New Bo
https://www.reverbnation.com/fourdaycreep

Dreams I'll Never See Again
Waiting For The Bus
Jesus Just Left Chicago.




Troy Mitchell is a bad ass rock drummer. He does so much to the music and hits those breaks just right.



Of course we did Dreams I'll Never See Again.  I love playing that song with Rick.  I don't think I ever played with anybody who is more harder rocking than with him on guitar.  He's a joy to watch.





Tami Soukup took the photos.  One of the most Conserative rocker girls I've known and a total sweetheart.  I got to hang with her and her husband and Rick's wife Andi for a spell. Above. another photo of Troy Mitchell

Below: Rick with his weapon of choice.  I actually attempted to do the Waiting For The Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago medley and for a first time of not doing that song (in about 2 years I think, it went pretty well.  People seem to enjoy it when I play drums.

Nothing wrong with playing acoustic but sometimes I need to rock out.  Tonight was that case.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.