Wednesday 21 February 2018

checker's acoustic jam-In the key of Sweet G

Songlist (incomplete)

Knocking On Heaven's Door (Dan and Steve; Vocals)
She Belongs To Me
When Will I Be Loved
Gold Dust Woman (Julie: lead vocals)
Southern Pacific
Behind Blue Eyes
I Won't Back Down (Attempted)
Summertime Blues
I've Just Seen A Face (Steve: lead vocal)
Turn The Page (Steve: lead vocal)
Margaritaville (Steve's idea)
Everybody's Talking (Fred Neil's version)
Everybody's Talking (Nilsson version, Steve and Glen: vocals)
Eve Of Destruction (Steve: Lead vocal)
For What's It Worth
Let's Work Together
You Don't Know Me (Glen; Lead vocal)
These Days (Glen:lead vocals)
Pink Houses (Julie: Lead vocals)
Spooky (Julie: lead vocals)
Blue Bayou (Julie: Lead Vocals)

I'm missing a few songs of note: I sang on the songs that isn't credited to anybody else
I played guitar on the songs I sang, I either played guitar and did some vocals or played percussion elsewhere.

With:

Julie Gordon
Dave Bonham
Glen Gardner
Steve Black Wolf
Dan Moyers

Notes:  Dan Moyers came up from Burlington tonight to do a few high octane songs.  If memory serves me correct, I think I played drums behind him when he came up to Rumors.  And did Rocky Mountain Way.  Dan did Last Kiss before Steve popped up to add Stand By Me as a medley.  Dan added more of a Guns And Roses Vibe to Knocking On Heaven's Door. Dan is not to be confused with Dan Moyer, who is my co worker and goes to see the rock and roll bands playing in town.

Southern Pacific made its debut.

While messing around with Pink Houses, Glen showed me how to do the sweet G chord, basically putting the ring and pinky fingers on the last two strings on the guitar. It makes a world of difference.

This time out Gold Dust Woman was restored to the b minor chorus and even Julie prefer that version.  Nothing wrong with trying different chords or arrangements.  Kinda like Everybody's Talking, which the Nilsson version was demonstrated by Dave and Glen.  I don't know, I think I rather much do it the way I have been doing all along, although my arrangement is a bit more chords. I am simply more used to that arrangement.

A disappointing turnout, Quentin showed up but opted out after not feeling well.  Dan had to return back to Burlington and left around 9 30 and Steve left soon afterwards.  But Glen and I stayed the whole night, Julie and Dave started the jam and finished with Blue Bayou.

Belinda had to stay home due to the flu.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.