Sunday 11 February 2018

Stone City Acoustic Showcase 2/11/18 Solo

Songlist

We All Sleep Alone
Midnight Rider
Everybody's Talking
No Expectations

With

Bill Schlatter
Glen Gardner
Lane Gaffney
Maki Devo
Big Mo
Greg Mein
Brenda Hoskins-Mein




Brenda in the Marti Gra spirit.

NOTES:

For the first time since her shoulder surgery Jan 23rd, Brenda played live on stage with Greg on a few numbers.  She did pretty good.

Bill and Glen did a version of The Weight, then Greg and Brenda did their version.  Yes it was need of some drumming

There was a pretty big dinner crowd of about 100 people, the most folk that I witness in playing live. I decided on We All Sleep Alone and watched the reaction from the people. Some surprised looks, some indifferent but most were generous in their applause.

I've seen Joe Greene, a high school buddy there in attendance.  He didn't seem to be too interested in talking to me and disappear once The Big Chief and Little Indians band took the stage at 7.  But then again, I really much friend support from my high school classmates.  Most unfriended me from the social media networks anyway.  Guess I don't  have good high school friends after all.  Joe is supposed to be a good guitar player.  But he didn't play at all tonight.

Tommy Bruner has decided to leave The Past Masters.  Mike Clair is slated to take over as guitarist for Tommy.  Look for Tommy to continue to play at various jams in the area.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.