Saturday 3 February 2018

Solon Legion Hall-Dreams Of Arcadia

Feb 3, 2018



Julie Gordon and Ryan Matthew Paul are Dreams Of Arcadia
I sat in and played percussion and did guitar on Gold Dust Woman

Donna Jo Elsner, Belinda James and Pat Geasland were guest stars.


a few photos from Ryan Matthew Paul who was happy to share them for us.




Dreams Of Arcadia, perhaps the best picture of them, since the rest were quite blurry.




Pat joins on percussion.  I think they call them Cajoles but it's more like a beat box anyway.  The Solon Legion Hall had a pretty good crowd once again.  A few rowdies did make things a bit interesting but the owner Cliff was a pretty cool guy.




For the most part, I should have left my own guitar at home since I only used it on a couple songs unplugged of course, but bringing the beat box did provide a nice beat through their song list. It did kill my wrists for a few days but I wanted to play along with them as much as I could.  When I couldn't, Pat took over.  There is talk about a new version of Julie And The Mad Dogs with him behind the drums.   He's more suited to their style than mine.   He's better looking too.



As usual, once the party started going, Julie wanted to keep it going and withhold taking breaks. A couple songs were done twice (Wagon Wheel of course, What I Like About You) and people loved them.  Plenty of encores came into play as well.  We started around 8:40 and ended before 1 AM.  One thing about Julie is that she keeps playing until they shut the lights off.  She lives for the music. But anyway, the picture above is most of the gang who played,  Belinda had to leave early to do Bible class the next morning and couldn't make it to the group portrait at the end.   As for myself, I look more of the anti rocker than anything else and most of my photos I look like I photo bombed them.   Nevertheless it was a great time and I got to share it with some of my favorite musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.