Tuesday 13 July 2021

Artisan-Free Bird

Songlist

Summer Breeze
Free Bird
It Hurts Me Too
What Goes On
Fever
For What Its Worth

Mike McMeins-Drums on Free Bird
Mike Zhome-Backing Vocal on For What Its Worth





For all my time of playing, the dreaded Free Bird has been played.  Halfassed by Paraphernalia Tyrus, attempted with FOAD and somewhat getting used to from Blues Rox but I have never played it as a solo artist.  So basically this week, I discovered that it was much more easier to play than originally thought. But I thought I would dust it off as a straight forwarded version and not a slam.

Free Bird probably is more about me than originally thought.  It probably deals with my way of life with everybody that I have known and Asperger's or not, it is a damning assumption of my life and those who get stuck being my lover.  This goes back further, around the time with Penny during the high school years.   And has never changed.

Nevetheless Free Bird is overplayed, every bar band has to play it and some fucking drunk will request it.   Russ detests that song and I thought I did for a while too, but Blues Rox has played it better over time.  I'm sure people thought I was being funny but in all honesty, I wasn't. 

Summer Breeze was the lone original, It Hurts Me Too an What Goes On, were debuted.  And trying not to waste time, I did a shaky version of Fever but got Mike Zhrome's girlfriend to dance along with it.  And he got invited to sing on For What Its Worth.

Last time I used Virginia Harlow's Marshall amp but this time I opted to go into the board.  It had a tinny sound to it, the board that is, so perhaps I used the amp instead.    

Not a lot of jammers tonight but Ed Butler followed me and then Mike Zhome played a few covers and that was it for tonight.  I continue to experiment  and play around, with mixed results tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.