Wednesday 28 July 2021

Whisky Jo's-Half A Blues Rox Better Than Nada

Songs:

The Sky Is Crying
Pride And Joy
Further On Down The Road
Texas Flood
You Don't Know What It Means




Kristopher Bries sang and played lead guitar on the first four numbers
Billy Bourbon-Sang and played bass on the last song
Freddy Jones-Harmonica
Mark Awad-Bass
Tommy Bruner-Guitar
Braden Carden played guitar on the first four numbers
Adam Montgomery-Bass on the last song. 
Terry McDowell-Host



(Tom and Adam Montgomery, Guitar Dave looks on)

Of course, the support group was Tom Berdo, Greg Nost, Joe Mullenix, Billy Whalen, Dave Bonham, Kimberly Hovenstot, Tammie Unash, and Brett Johnson who offered me his guitar to play if I wanted to play guitar.




Sometimes a little me time will help you out.  Especially when it is a father/son blues band.  This is the second week that Kris and his buddy Braden came up on stage to do a couple songs.  Of course Kris had his pick of great drummers there, Terry, Sir Bob, DJ but he chose me and we did some of the blues songs that Blues Rox usually does.  Tommy helped give Kristopher some guitar space.  There were plenty of drummers there.




It was another hot and humid day as I made my way to the jam.  I was surprised to see Kris make it there but he was very relaxed and did quite well.  Alas, the waitress thought he was the ghost of Stevie Ray Vaughn, or just a ghost,  she kept waltzing past him as he waited to get served.  At least my waitress did check up on me.  I didn't order anything tho, too many fucking flies in the place.

Adam came down to visit, he lives in Seattle.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.