Sunday 25 July 2021

Stone City-Acoustic Adventures

Songs:

It's Just A Notion
Cheating Songs
For What Its Worth
Logic And Lies
Wang Dang Doodle
Cinnamon Girl

Rick Wengle played percussion 




After a day playing at the Jones County Fair, I decided to stay close to home and play a few songs with Dave Bonham hosting.  Jim the drummer from California came down to play and lost his song book in the process.  Ed and Tanya English came to showcase a few of their best blues songs.  Last time I saw Ed was at the Rumor's jam a couple years before.   Rick backed me up on percussion.  Carl Meiners was there, so was Phil Bo and Ed Butler too.  Ray Larson was there too.  Freddy Jones played harp with Dave  and Tanya and Ed English.  There afterwards, Freddy Jones took me on a half hour trip through the past with his insights.  Don't think I heard half of what he said.

Two originals were played and I played around with Wang Dang Doodle and added bits of Spoonful and All Night Dancing for shits and giggles.  Rick followed me without any problem.  Great drummers will do that.  Especially when the guitar player is a drummer himself.  Rick did fine. 

Jim's song book was found.

Carl Meiners usually participates in the RAGBRAI that happens this time of year but he didn't go.  He was part of the acts that played Sunday.

Half of Blues Rox made it to Whisky Jo's Wednesday Night when I actually had work to do and missed it.  At least one quarter of that band should be there the next Wed night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.