Wednesday 14 July 2021

Whiskey Jo Blues Jam


Songs were

Tin Pin Alley
Mary Had A Little Lamb
Criss Cut Saw 
Tube Snake Boogie
Jesus Just Left Chicago
After Midnight 
Country Blues
The Weight
All Along The Watchtower
Never Been To Spain 
Mary Jane's Last Dance 
Willie And The Hand Jive 
Knocking On Heaven's Door
Kansas City 
Sympathy For The Devil



(Taz) 


Taz Grant sang on Tin Pin Alley, Mary Had A Little Lamb
Matt Panek sang on Tube Snake Boogie, Jesus Just Left Chicago, After Midnight,  Country Blues
Billy Bourbon sang on the rest of the songs and played bass
Tommy Bruner played guitar
Donna Joe played percussion
Terry McDowell got the night off
Brett played Harmonica on Kansas City 
Freddy Jones played harp on the Taz and Matt Panek numbers
I played drums



(Tom Berdo took the photos) 

Not sure who Taz was, but he was from Chicago and started things out with Tin Pin Alley, a slow song that he asked me to speed it up later on.  Tonight was the first time I ever got to play alongside Matt Panek, a guy that played with Kevin Burt and other blues bands.  The Country Blues was a ZZ Top song but not sure what it was.  

Not many jammers were there due to the bad weather and tornadoes that were ripping up parts of rural Iowa.  When I bailed out, I asked Jeff Brown if he wanted to go chase some storms and he gave me a funny look.  Steve Sttratton was there but I don't think he played.

Tom Berdo took some unflattering pictures of me to which he threatened to post.

A lot of blues was played tonight and thanks be to Tommy, Billy and Terry for the practice.  I am seeming to feeling more rusty than I should.   I think I played more than 14 songs and eventually they will come to light.  It took me a good three hours to remember we played CrossCut Saw. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.