Sunday 4 July 2021

Fourth Of July

It's been ten years since the passing of Dennis Pusateri, my coworker friend and co conspirer and all around great guy.  And yesterday, my former love tied the knot with her long time boyfriend.  10 years ago, she was with me when Dennis passed on.  I managed to go to his celebration of life before joining her to hear John Anderson at the fair.  I don't know if there's irony or a passing thought but it could mean life has gone full circle for her.  I did tell her ten years ago, she'd be married before I did.  And that came true. It's not that I became Nostradamus, when she did move down here, all of a sudden we didn't have that great of a relationship anymore.   I do regret that she never got to see me play live in a band. 

Rumors Jam Song list (incomplete)

Brown Eyed Girl
Margaritaville
Mustang Sally
Blue Swede Shoes 
Jumping Jack Flash
You Never Call Me By My Name
Under The Boardwalk
Dead Flowers
Casey Jones
Superstition
Chain Of Fools
Proud Mary
Me And Bobby McGee
Horse With No Name 
Midnight Rambler




Russ Glacklin-Vocal on the first three numbers
Amanda Marshall did three songs of note Chain of Fools, Me n Bobby McGee, and Proud Mary
Tim Canfield played bass and sang on Under The Board Walk
Tommy Bruner played guitar and sang on Superstition an Midnight Rambler
Terry McDowell Host got most of the night off
Nick Lnenicka played Harp
Morris played guitar throughout
Mark Awad came on board to play bass
I did it for the glory of drum playing. 



(Amanda Marshall took this photo)

So I ended up going to my late friend Dennis Pusateri's graveyard site and chatted with him for a half hour in spirit.  His whole family is now there, his mom passed away 22 days after he passed away. I wished he was still around, I miss him terribly.

Brian McKenna, our 3rd shift senior was in attendance.   Good to see him.

Billy surprised me by asking if I wanted to play guitar today.  Didn't plan on it but told time he sees me I might do that just.




Being a smart ass, I pulled a reggae beat to Horse With No Name.  Which kinda threw me off the beat when we concluded with Midnight Rambler.



(Tami Mannick: Photo Credit) Billy, Mark,Amanda, me, Tommy

Amanda from Four Day Creep did three songs, including a wacky Proud Mary and Bobby McGee. I had to follow Tommy's playing on Chain Of Fools, which is more slower than I play it.  Then again I play things too fast anyway (but I was drinking water).



Jeff Allen took this photo of the Surf Zombies Sunday Afternoon)

Upon walking around New Bo, I chatted with a dude in a wheel chair for about a half hour.  Above at the Bohemian, Brook Hoover saw me on the street and was waving at me.  He's  always fun to listen to.  Fab Five Freddy Jones was there too, but he didn't see me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.