Friday 30 July 2021

End Of Month Thoughts From The Townedger (July 2021)

Time goes by so fast.  It did feel like July dragged a bit but here we are at the tail end of another month

.




The on again off again saga of No Limits Band and Kat Blue is on again, with a Aug 8th date at a winery in Homestead and temps will be in the 90s.  It always seems this year when we played, it got hot again.  I enjoy Kimberly's singing tho a few folks may disagree with that.  I thought Tim Kauffman was going to be their drummer or Terry McDowell but looks like I will help them for the time being.  Blues Rox still come first but if there are available dates and they're not playing, it's fair game.  Bills need to be paid and I'm not working but for the final week of August at work.  Will Julie ask me to sit on percussion for her and Dave? All she has to do is ask, but alas they'll be here in my neck of the woods this friday.  I'll be in Williamsburg sad to say with Blues Rox band.




This month will be plenty of jamming on the week nights this month.  Mainly Checkers, Artisan Sanctuary and Whisky Jo's and of course Stone City/Rumors.  This month is the Eisner's Cabin Jam on the 21st. I may help out No Limits in the Checker's Jam, unless it conflicts with my regular job.  To which I have to go with the paying job.  Will Kristopher be part of the Wednesday Night jams? Or Brian?  I can't say but Kris was more relaxed without his dad the other night.

Blues Rox can play the Jones County Fair again next year, but I'm not sure if the guys want to play the free stage and have to deal with the traveling clown country rap acts and the prerecorded beats.  That was one negative of the fair.   Another negative is the countless friends that I have at another social media  that opted to go see Kane Brown or his daddy Zac Brown (insert sarcasm remark) and didn't stop at the free stage tent.  They could have popped in to say hi for a sec and listen to a song or two before moving on.  It is the frustration, to go see the other musicians play and take time off to do that, and then they walk on by or take self pictures on the way to the national acts.   But I cannot change the minds and ways of people. (insert tired Cliché remark "it is what it is" here). 

I cannot drink anymore.  When I went to see Julie and Dave play, some kind bar patron bought the bar a whole round of shots and I settled on Black Velvet and ended up getting wasted on the way home.  Gone are the days which I would drink 4 Jack and Cokes, or Long Island Teas and float on by to home and wondering how the fuck I got home.  Anyway, Julie offered a meal on her tab but I paid my way and slipped her a twenty in the tip jar.  The Goulash fries was interesting, but I had half a Little Ceasar's Pepperoni Pizza (thanks to my brother) and had to visit the commode twice and three times to deal with I B S. Growing old is a fucking bitch and then you die.  A shame about Dusty Hill but 72 years is a good ride.

I love summer and the short shorts and yoga pants of the ladies in town.  But I have no desire to go chase anybody anymore.  The reality of seeing somebody 20 years old and I'm four decades older.  To some I look like their grandfather.  40 years ago, life was ahead, now it all seems behind me now.  I have seen a few bands, not a lot mind you, this summer and I still enjoy Four Day Creep  and Wooden Nickel Lottery. I'm not into the hard rock Motley Crue tribute bands, the odious Skin Kandy (Mr. Jaxx  is why I tend to not go to their shows), Sleeze Roxx (keeping hair metal alive) or the can of corn country of Lonesome Road.   Five Of Hearts or Palomino Band    (Doug Spinler and Fred Stock, great guys) I will go see if I'm in the neighborhood.    For those who ask, there's no desire of me getting into a band with Doug again, he's good at country, I'm good at garage rock and blues.  And never the twain shall meet.

With Nicole getting her wish and getting married, I haven't talk to her since that happy day for her and at this time conclude our time together is history, just like 45 years ago of Jeanette coming down to Iowa one last time or Amy that was part of this life thirty nine years ago and I'm sure she'll be remembered for the 40th year.   History could have been different had there been a one night stand, but looking back, Amy had no choice in the matter, eventually she went back to the guy she was with anyway and got married and had his children.  It boggles the mind that Jeanette's oldest would be in his mid 40s now, but as they say, first loves never panned out.  We can go back to the days of Donna Hess in Waterloo when we were kindergarteners, or Michelle chasing me around Nevada (IA) playgrounds, or Leah Norton's being the first girl that ever kissed me or Debbie Eastridge getting a big wet kiss in 4th grade.  Why do I remember such memories that don't mean shit anymore?  I don't know but sometimes it makes a good love song.

The Truth Band is no more.  Floyd the keyboard player left to join Molly Nova and Turk Krause in their return to music circuit in town. Molly took a break to care for her folks who are now in the great beyond. Bryce Janey is slated to be the guitar player.    Turk has been one of the all time great drummers around with stints in Men Rocking, and The Blue Band.  Looking forward to see them play again. 

Till next time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.