Wednesday 24 July 2019

Acousta Kitties Reunite

Checker's Songlist:

Fox On The Run
For What Its Worth
Let's Work Together
Gold Dust Woman"

"Julie Gordon-Lead Vocals
  Donna Jo Elsner-Backing vocal and percussion

Spiders And Snakes
Midnight Special

With:  Lorie Parker, Julie Gordon, Cathy Hart Spina, Jeff Gage, Abigail Bunker, Mike Frederick, Ryan Paul and Richard Edward Butler

Rumors Jam A Lot Wednesday Songs:

Dreams
Oh Lonesome Me
Born On The Bayou
I Put A Spell On You

Billy Bourbon-Guitar and vocals
Dee Vieman-Lead Vocals
Tommy Bruner-Lead Guitar
Randy Burgendorf-Bass


With:  Terry McDowell, Herm Sarduy, Stan Hersom, Mike Lint, Dan Hartman, Tim Canfield, George Menichar

NOTES:

Julie really needed this turnout tonight and she got it with the return of Cathy Hart and Lorie Parker back on stage for tonight's showcase.  All the gang was there, Greg Sage, Luther Parker, Ann who bought pizza and gave a few slices to me.  Tim and George came over from Rumors to check out a half hour of songs and thankfully they stayed to hear my set.  Fox On The Run was probably the most bluegrass country sounding of all the times I played it.  For What Its Worth rocked a bit more than usual and of course I was dicking around with Let's Work Together.  Since nobody paid much attention, I threw in a humorous lyric about A good turbo fan, keeps me cool cool cool.  And got no reaction.  I was pressed for time, so Julie came up to sing Gold Dust Woman with Donna Jo playing alongside us.    After I left, Julie returned to play a few more songs with Lorie and Cathy and things concluded slightly after 10 with Sweet Home Alabama being the last song.  And of course everybody got up to scream OH CARL, to Carl Meiners, who was out doing the RAGBRAI bike ride.

Rumors, the big story was seeing Stan Hersom once again.  First time I have seen him in over 3 years.  We chatted a bit.  Terry was gracious enough to let me go ahead of Stan to play four songs before I had to run to Rumors to join Julie.  Herm was back playing drums again.  Stan played on Me And Bobby McGee before I left.  I always thought he was a terrific drummer.  Hope to see him more often too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.