Thursday 11 July 2019

Artisan Sanctuary. Harps And Jams

Artisan Sanctuary Set List:

Eve Of Destruction
For What Its Worth
Good Time Charlie
Logic And Lies
Cinnamon Girl
Rock Me Baby

With

Nick Lnenicka-Harmonica

Also:  Steve Black Wolf, Gregdon Cole, Mudboy Slim, Barry Sharp, Jeff Allen and Jim Jacobmeyer.



(Jim Jacobmeyer: photo)

Notes:

Julie wasn't feeling well so she didn't make it to Marion for the jam.  I stopped in early to catch a few songs from Dave Bonham and Steve was up there singing a few songs with them.  I was drifting in and out of dreamland before I turned around and seen Nick behind me asking if there was any jams going on.  Told him about the open mic at the Sanctuary and he was invited to come sit in with me. We only jammed one time before, but I knew he would catch on quickly.  And he did.

I stole Eve Of Destruction away from Steve (snicker) but Steve had the best protest songs at the end and he finished up the jam with some great songs. He could get away throwing the F bomb in those songs.

Image may contain: 1 person, on stage, playing a musical instrument and guitar

Barry and Jeff did a pretty good version of White Bird, though Barry said they did a short version of it.  They usually stretch it out about 9 minutes.  But anybody that covers that song does get points in my book.

With Nick playing harmonica I could extend the songs and I did.  He never played Logic And Lies before but he didn't miss a step at all.  He also played harmonica with Mud Boy Slim (not sure who the guys' name is but he does play at Stone City and Whittier from time to time).   Usually I jam with Nick on drums at Rumors and their jams and my tenure with BSH.  On guitar I tend to get a bit tentative but I felt at ease with him playing harp.   Since he was there, I figured ending my set by playing the blues would be great.

He didn't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.