Tuesday 23 July 2019

Parlor City Blues And Doug Ducey

Johnny B Goode
Whole Lot Of Shaking Going On
May I Have A Talk With You Baby
Working Man Blues
Moonlight In Mississippi
Evil Ways
Parlor City Blues Jam
I Can't Get Next To You


Kris Briles-Lead Vocals (1-3)
Doug Ducey-Lead Vocal (4)
Jeff Taylor-Lead Vocals (5,6,8)

With
Doug Ducey-Guitar and vocals (1-6)
Tom Giblin-Keyboards (1-4)
Jeff Taylor-Keyboards (5-8)
Byron Stevens-Bass (all songs)
R.Smith-Drums (all songs)
Jon Wilson-Host drummer
Kris Briles-Guitar and Vocals
Two other guys played guitar on the last two  songs, can't think of their name
George Hanna-played drums after me.
Wildcat stayed around to watch a bit but didn't play.


NOTES:

Not a lot of jammers and I didn't plan on going but trying to new work software and the ACT jobs got rejected, the new system isn't working.  Gibby gave me the option to open up the second set or wait till later, Jon Wilson deferred so I took over for him and did seven songs, three with Kris Briles and then Jeff Taylor came up to play.  Byron Stevens came in for Dan Johnson tonight.  Doug Ducey replaced Brook Hoover tonight.

I always make more of an effort to come to the jams when Doug plays or Ryan Phelan.  Out of all the jammers, Doug is the most fun to talk to about music.  He mentioned he would love to put together an oldies band and get a decent girl singer up there.  He's 67 years young and still enjoys playing the live circuit, I know him from Honkytonk Roadhouse when they play Solon or Sutliff.   And I know I'd love to catch him play.  After all he has Jim Viner playing drums, and Jim is one of the tightest drummers out there.  He's played in The Dangtrippers, Head Candy and the early lineup of Diplomats of Solid Sound, replacing Bill Neff.  Doug has seen it all, and even he shakes his head about bands playing the same old songs.  He shared some nice memories of rock legends, Carl Perkins was super nice to hang around, Del Shannon not so much.   Doug mentioned he could write a book on his music career in the state.  I would buy a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.