Wednesday 17 July 2019

Rumors Jam 7-17-19

Angel From Birmingham
Drift Away
Further Up The Road


Kim Trevillelion-Lead Vocal
Tommy Bruner-Guitar
Billy Bourbon-Guitar and backing vocals
Bird-Bass
R.Smith-Drums

Notes:

Blues night.  Kraig Spratt played some massive drums on Magic Bus and we finally got talk to one another.  He complimented me on my work and I did likewise.  Kraig mentioned he never played it before tonight.

Mike Lint got saddled with Gold Dust Woman/The Chain.

Kraig and I followed each other to catch the tail end of Four Day Creep.  DJ Hovenstot and Bob Miller were down there.

It seems I've been hanging with Kimberly more on songs of late, from Parlor City to Rumor's.  I'm okay with that.  She is s talented singer that brings a different meaning to Gold Dust Woman.

Bird has gotten me to do some breathing exercises before I play.  He says it's mellow you out and gets you into the music.    He might have a point there.  He is supposed to play in Rare Earth this Friday at the Fond Du Lac fair in Wisconsin.  As his bio says, he is a treat to play alongside on the jams.  Still kickass, and can be humorous as hell.  

PS.  People ask me about The Boy Scout Hippies and if I plan to return to the band anytime soon. I think Ron and Dakota are doing fine with their latest drummer.  If it's a fill in date or emergency, I will help him out.  But they  don't need me.   And I wish them all the best.  This is the latest from Ron about their ongoing adventures.  As long as he keeps his inner Mr. Ron persona under wraps, he'll do fine.

We had a great crowd last night at Whiskey River. We've been asked to appear every 3rd Saturday of the month and we accepted. Now we're booked at two monthly gigs, the 2nd Saturday at FB & Co. and, starting in Sept., at Whiskey River every 3rd Sat. That only leaves 2 Saturday's of the month that are open for other bookings. I'm so proud of my two bandmates for their hard work and commitment to our cause. The love that we're receiving from our fans is humbling and somewhat overwhelming. The Boyscout Hippies are 3 people with very strong faith and we give Him all thanks and praise. We are truly blessed & we know it. Thank's to everyone for your continued support and love. Much peace to all.

P P S-If it wasn't for Dakota, Ron would be nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.